21,000 people a year across England and Wales suffer from major traumatic injury. Lives changed in an instant: physically, emotionally, financially.
Day One Trauma Support does not receive any government funding. We rely on the generosity of people like you to be able to be by the side of major trauma patients and their families, from day one, and for as long as they need us.
We communicate with our supporters in many ways, including through letters, telephone calls and online via social media and our website.
We are hugely grateful to everyone who supports us and we want to make sure that everyone we come into contact with feels respected and valued.
Our promises to you
- Our communications will be honest, truthful, and transparent. This will be reflected in the information we provide on how we use your donations and the funds we raise.
- We aim to exceed your expectations with the level of service we provide.
- We treat our supporters as individuals and value each contribution. We want to develop long-lasting relationships with all new and existing donors.
- We take complaints very seriously and will acknowledge your complaint within 48 hours and aim to resolve it within 15 working days. You can contact us directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We always monitor and evaluate the companies and people that act on our behalf. We ensure they meet our high expectations and standards of supporter care.
- We listen to and respect the wishes of our supporters. If you tell us you want to change the way you hear from us or don't want to hear from us again, then we will respect your decision and do as you request.
- We will never sell your personal data to anyone else. Furthermore, we will never share your data without your permission.
- We believe every donation makes a difference. Should something not go according to plan, we will acknowledge when we make mistakes and will put things right.
- Your donation will be processed efficiently and promptly and acknowledged by letter or email.
- We welcome and actively encourage supporter feedback from you in order to improve what we do.
- We do not ‘cold-call’ people. We only phone people with whom we have an existing relationship or who have already given us permission to contact them.
We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator, the UK’s independent regulator of charitable fundraising. The Fundraising Regulator works with charities and suppliers to build commitment to best practice in fundraising. Charities registered with the Fundraising Regulator follow the Fundraising Code of Practice, so donors can give with confidence.
You always have the option to change your communication preferences at any time. If you would like to opt-out of hearing from us, please let us know by contacting us by telephone: 0113 539 8192 or email: email@example.com