Due to lockdown restrictions, our staff and volunteers have not been on the Ward at Leeds Major Trauma Centre over the past 12 months and referrals to Day One have been down by over 50%.
However, remotely, we have continued to support patients and loved ones whose lives have been turned upside down by major physical trauma.
- 64 families accessed financial and welfare advice
- 30 people received immediate, impartial legal advice
- £187 on average, given to each family receiving emergency funding
- £95,760 secured for patients and loved ones through our partnership with Citizen’s Advice Leeds*
* We anticipate that payments during a ‘normal’ year would be in excess of £400,000
We are looking forward to getting back on the Ward in Leeds soon – and to starting to work alongside our NHS colleagues in other Major Trauma Centres in the near future.
Your kindness helps give patients and loved ones the support they need, for as long as they need it. Thank you.
Read more about how we support patients and loved ones.